Friday, April 11, 2008

Here Goes....

Well, I have finally decided to join the rest of the world and blog!! Wahoo!!
While it has taken some time to begin to create my page I am a little excited about the possibility of releasing some of my thought into cyberspace.

One thought came to me as I was beginning to update my profile. The title "ABOUT ME" was given and with that I was supposed create 1-2 short paragraphs that would best describe me. One thought came to mind...WOW!! I don't know if I am the only person totally overwhelmed with that feeling or if it is natural for someone to type and erase a bunch of times in an attempt write information about themselves. I didn't know where to start....should I start at the beginning with my youth (because that is afterall where my personality was molded) or do I explain my current situation? Am I supposed to discuss my profession? My mommy status? My relationship with my husband? My schooling? (Because all of that really expresses me...) WOW!! I guess that I will continue to think on the statement "ABOUT ME" and hopefully a more detailed description will be provided at a later date.

My poor son..... Elijah woke up this morning with a temperature. Not a high one--but enough to make him feel sicky. As a result, my day was spent attempting to communicate with him to find the best way to make him feel better. I never realized how difficult it could be for a 17 month old to communicate with a mommy who doesn't speak baby. I would give him something that I thought was appropriate and then he would whine and shake his head until I grabbed the right item. (if I found the right item) The most difficult part of our afternoon was when he got super tired. Eli is not one who will fall asleep in your arms while watching a movie. He has to be put in bed with the light off. Unfortunately, he didn't want me to leave his side. So as I would even walk toward his bedroom he would scream. (breaking my heart) and then I would walk to the couch and try to bribe him with finding nemo (which I watched at least 3 times today) and he would cry some more because he was so tired...

Poor Elijah....

Alright, my bed is calling me.

No comments: