Sunday, May 30, 2010
What am I grateful for?
1. Today Elijah got our attention chanting, "okay, quiet everyone" then proceeded to clap three times followed by a fast spin/jump/fall dance move! (Really cute!)
2. While playing play-dough Elijah DESTROYED my very cool circle shaped piece of artwork. (covered in a neat diamond montage) I then walked away saying that if he was going to destroy what I was playing with, I didn't want to play anymore. I think Elijah could tell that I was a little sad so he came over to me, gave me a really big hug and said, "I am so sorry mom! I Love you!"
3. One of my favorite "mindless x-box games" is zuma. I was playing for a couple of minutes when Eli came by and wanted to play. My 3 year old ROCKED IT! I can't believe how well he could use the controller and match the colors. I am SO PROUD of him!
4. Ariana and I had some alone time this morning (the boys were on a trip into Aaron's work). I am so in love with that little girl. She is learning so much everyday. She does really cute dance moves, she smiles BIG, her "language" is fun and interesting to watch (she gestures as she speak too...very cute!) She is finally old enough to spend some time in Nursery at church. I cannot believe how fast she is growing. I am so thankful that I have this sweet little GIRL!
5. Sometimes the kids tag team on aaron by climbing up on his lap and taking turns head-butting him! HAHAHA!
6. When I really needed a break today, Aaron let me sneak away to soak in a bath. I grabbed my i-pod, turned on Norah Jones and read a magazine. Sometimes it just helps to step away from the "yuck" and soak. Thanks Aaron for being such a sweetheart!
7. Oh! I also got to sleep in until 7:30 am this morning! That was nice...
8. There was a potluck at church this afternoon...I am so thankful that I didn't have to add, "cook dinner" to the crazy of my day.
9. This morning Aaron and I decided to stay home for part of church to give Eli a much needed nap (before a 3 hour church session) When I told Eli how this was going down, initially he lost it. He was really mad! Finally he calmed down and I was sitting with him helping him to fall asleep. The crying stopped but he had this sad little frown that would sneak up occasionally with some sad whimpers. When I asked him what was wrong, he said that he just really wanted to go to primary. I am grateful that Elijah loves church so much that he would be sad about missing it. (sounds kind of weird I know but...I would hate to force him to go) I then promised him that if he took a quick little nap we could make it to church just in time for primary.
10. Have I mentioned how much I love my little family?! Aaron and I work so well together. I love him so much! I am grateful that we have the opportunity to raise these two little "aaron clones" together. They really are cute, fun, good kids (despite the occasional yuck!) It is such a neat experience to see both of them grow and mature and learn. Yeah for family!
....it really is true what they say. If you spend a couple of minutes focusing on all of the things that you are grateful for, you forget about the other stuff. (well...not forget but...you know what I mean) What are you grateful for?